We’ve been on a gluten free kick lately since our founder and president has recently discovered she is a celiac! Although it can be challenging in the early stages to figure out what you can eat, it really opens up a lot of doors and creativity. You learn to use food in so many new ways and eat food you may have not eaten as often when you were still eating gluten products.
This sweet potato toast breakfast has texture and SO much flavor! It’s packed with vitamins and protein and nourishment and is oh. so. delicious! Plus we always love another recipe to use Bridge Sauce. And, it’s really pretty easy too.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 organic or farm fresh eggs
- 1-2tsp honey
- 1 cup organic spinach or other greensfeel free to experiment with kale or arugula
- 1 radish cut into matchsticks
- 1-2Tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 1small handful microgreensoptional but suggested 🙂
- 3Tbsp TR Bridge Saucetry this with TR Presto Pesto Sauce too on your next round!
- feta for garnishoptional
- salt and pepper
- lemon juiceoptional
- red pepper flakes
You can make this vegan by leaving off the egg and cheese and replacing with tofu!
Make the sweet potato toast and avo mash ahead of time for a super fast breakfast!
Add both eggs to the layer and the second piece of "toast" to the top to make a deliciously messy breakfast sandwich!
Get your Bridge Sauce!
*Recipe derived from Honestly Nourished and photo credit to her too!