Such an easy, flavorful, veggie burger recipe with LOTS of texture. We spent many years perfecting our veggie burger and have since had lots of fun coming up with different ways to use it. From crumbling it on salads, to putting it in your twice baked potato, to making fun burgers like this one, to just plain old regular burger fixings, this is a delicious alternative to meat! In this hummus veggie burger recipe (feel free to use the black bean burger too!), we use our hummus (any flavor) for our condiment and it couldn’t be more satisfying!
- 1 1/2cups organic carrots, shredded
- 1Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp fresh ground pepper
- 8pieces butter lettuce leavesOR use your favorite artisan burger bun or bread
- 4thick slices organic tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced organic cucumber
- 1 cup organic alfalfa sprouts
- 4patties The Redheads Veggie Burgerspreferably thawed, but not necessary. You can use the black bean burgers for this recipe too!
- 1/2cup your favorite The Redheads Hummus(garlic, pesto, sundried, cherry chilpotle)
Most of our recipes using burgers are interchangeable (use veggie burgers or black bean burgers) unless it's a taco or nacho recipe - then we suggest black bean burgers.
This recipe would also be really nice with some of our Presto Pesto Sauce!