Such an easy, flavorful, veggie burger recipe with LOTS of texture. We spent many years perfecting our veggie burger and have since had lots of fun coming up with different ways to use it. From crumbling it on salads, to putting it in your twice baked potato, to making fun burgers like this one, to just plain old regular burger fixings, this is a delicious alternative to meat! In this hummus veggie burger recipe (feel free to use the black bean burger too!), we use our hummus (any flavor) for our condiment and it couldn’t be more satisfying!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups organic carrots, shredded
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 8 pieces butter lettuce leaves OR use your favorite artisan burger bun or bread
- 4 thick slices organic tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced organic cucumber
- 1 cup organic alfalfa sprouts
- 4 patties The Redheads Veggie Burgers preferably thawed, but not necessary. You can use the black bean burgers for this recipe too!
- 1/2 cup your favorite The Redheads Hummus (garlic, pesto, sundried, cherry chilpotle)
- In a medium bowl, toss shredded carrots, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Place The Redheads Veggie Burger or Black Bean Burger patties on a flat grill or in a frying pan and cook on medium heat until golden brown, flipping once. If using burger buns or artisan bread, you may want to toast them on a cookie sheet in the oven for a couple minutes or in a toaster at this point.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each of four plates (or one piece of toast or bun). Top each with a veggie burger patty and 2 Tbsp of your favorite flavor of The Redheads Hummus. Divide the carrot slaw, cucumber, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts between burgers and top each with another piece of lettuce or your choice of bread or bun. Serve and enjoy!
Most of our recipes using burgers are interchangeable (use veggie burgers or black bean burgers) unless it's a taco or nacho recipe - then we suggest black bean burgers.
This recipe would also be really nice with some of our Presto Pesto Sauce!